Wild Meadows Farm
USDA Certified Organic
This grower has a photo album.
Some of the things we do:
- We are certified by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (PCO) and practice biointensive and permaculture methods that are an integral part of the farm.
- We sell to Tuscarora Organic Growers Co-op (TOG) which allows family farms to market cooperatively to the Washington D.C. Metro Area and other Mid-Atlantic Markets.
- We host and engage in educational and artistic workshops in collaboration with a non-profit, Chesapeake Education, Arts, and Research Society (CHEARS), throughout the spring, summer and fall seasons and regenerate during the winter.
- We provide permaculture/ ecological design services as part of linking rural to urban/suburban cultures. We have focused on providing design services for home-scale family food production in annual gardens, food forests, and preserving the abundance along with forging a neighborhood foodshed.
- We assist urban community gardens with design, development, and implementation applying various methods, such as square foot gardening, biointensive, container, and vertical growing in small spaces.
- We utilize alternative/renewable energy sources on the farm for heating, cooking, and run our vehicles on bio-diesel and veggie oil. We are in the process of designing and installing effective systems to become energy independent.
- We are members of Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) and the Western Pennsylvania Mushroom Club.
Wild Meadows Farm is located in Bedford County in South Central PA. The 200 acres consists of sloped fields, mixed forests of white/red oak, hemlock groves, sassafras, beech, and black walnut trees. The land lies between the Chestnut Ridge and Valley Roads with soft views of the southern Alleghenies.